Thursday, July 29, 2010




Marble System
Take 1
Well, today starts a new day here in our home. We are instituting the marble (or in our case the shiny rocks because that is what the dollar store had available) system! I have purchase three good sized plastic jars and several bags of shiny rocks. I have developed a list of chores that need to be done around the house that the girls are very capable of doing. Each chore is put into a 1, 2, 3 or 4 rock category. Tonight I plan on decorating the jars with each of the girls names. I will then go through the list with them and they can begin earning shiny "jewels" to fill their jars. When a jar is full that daughter will get to have a special treat, something like a friend to sleep over. Money to go shopping with. A night out with mom and dad. Something like that. The girls are very excited...and already have a tally sheet of rocks they have earned today for me to put in the jar. I hope this excitement keeps up. My husband has also suggested that we add in pro levels of cleaning, kind of like on the wii. If you fill 10 jars you are a bronze medal cleaner, and so on. Hmmm....we'll see. Anyhow, I'll keep you up to date on how this plan is going. Even little Hadassah wil have her own jar! : )

6 comments:

Michiganmommyx4 said...

I love stuff like this, it is fun, and a great way to earn rewards!
Hope the girls have fun while earning their marbles!

TryonMom27 said...

What a neat idea. I am looking for a fun way to bring excitement back into chores. I might consider this. I just need to find a way to keep m preschoolers out of it. They still put everything in their mouths. :)

Jennifer @ Just Peachy in Dixie said...

Very creative! Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from the Raising Homemakers linky. :)

~Kristin~ said...

Just saw your Sonlight button on the side. I use it too! Just got my box of goodies in the mail today.I like the marble idea too!

Anonymous said...

Very creative. could spark a little "competitiveness"?...and I wouldn't have to nag to get the chores done. Love it!

Tracey said...

Really like this idea - it adds a bit of fun to teaching responsibility! Hope your girls enjoy it!!