Wednesday, October 21, 2009




THE TRAVELLING BEGINS


Well, it has been a while I know. Things have been busy, I have been have problems physically, and schooling, trumpeting and children have taken all the energy I have! Phew. Anyhow, I thought I would share with you the up and coming for the Weldon family. Travelling.....not all together....but travelling. Well, October brings a two week trip to Minnesota for my husband who is attending Bethel Seminary. He goes out to take intensive courses 2 times a year, making for a very....very....looooonnnng two weeks around here. So, to break it up a bit the girls, my mom and I are going for a few days to Kentucky to the creation museum. It is a wonderful museum in my opinion and I'm hoping that my mom enjoys it as well. It should offer a nice break and a great experience for all of us.


That's it for now. School has been going well. I'll try to update on that soon. We have been doing a character study on responsibility and for several weeks we have been doing this through the lives of the early settlers. This week is the Dutch colony of New Amsterdam...we are going to try out making our own homemade cottage cheese as one of the activities...which was apparently a dutch dish....I'll let you know how it goes!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ok, in general I do not like cottage cheese, but I'm interested to know how this goes for y'all. Let us know if they actually eat it afterwards and how it compares to cottage cheese today.

How long are you gonna be gone and when?? (you leave Sunday I believe, but when do you return? before your b-day? Are you coming to TorT?)

I guess I'll see ya tonight so I can ask you all this then. Later~

LLJ said...

I hope you have a wonderful vacation! Can't wait to hear all about the museum too.
How did the cottage cheese turn out?
Leanne

LLJ said...

forgot to say that I am sorry that you have been struggling physically. I hope things are getting better.