Saturday, September 26, 2009

HOMEMADE LAUNDRY SOAP TIME


So, the laundry is piled up beyond belief and the laundry soap runs out.....been there? Well, I have and I tell you what is awesome is NOT spending $13 or so dollars on a new jug of laundry detergent. Today was the day I refilled the laundry detergent jugs with my homemade laundry soap. Instead of spending $13 on a jug of soap, I have spent less than $10 for the entire year thus far! Want to know how I did it...here you go!


First you have to get together some ingredients, a 5 gallon bucket and your old empty laundry soap containers!




You will need your 5 gallon bucket half full with hot water, 1 cup of washing soda, 1/2 cup Borax and also you will need a bar of Fels Naptha Laundry Soap. Grate the soap and simmer it on medium heat with 4 cups of water until dissolved.




Once you do that add the soap mixture, Borax and washing soda to your hot water and stir. Then fill the bucket up the rest of the way with hot water.








Let you bucket sit out over night.





Finally, stir up the soap and mix it into your laundry detergent containers that are filled 1/2 full with warm water!


You now have 10 GALLONS OF LAUNDRY DETERGENT!!!!!!!!! All for just a few dollars. Add the suggested 5/8 cup of soap to your laundry (or 3/4c if you are like me and don't feel like figuring out 5/8 in your measuring cup) and you are all set!




So, there you go. Now you know how we do laundry around here. Give it a try if you wish! Good night!



1 comment:

Michiganmommyx4 said...

I too make this Brooke, it is so cheap in comparison to buying detergent. I like how you put everything in your blog step by step and with pictures!

Oh and I love your new fall layout too! I collected a bunch of acorns and I am looking for a cool craft to do with them too :O)