Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Our Schedule?


So, another school year is now underway and we are trying out the new schedule. It seems to be going okay, except for the fact that I am up between 6 and 630 so that I can be showered and stuff for the day, and then of course up a bit late so I can see Jeff. So, I guess what I'm saying is that the schedule is cool except if I want to sleep. But, that is what Saturday morning is for I guess!?! Anyhow, I thought I would share what we are doing here at the Weldon household.




  • 830 am school starts for Anne and Emma. While I've told Emma she only has to do school 3 days a week, I don't see that happening.....when there is school going on....she will be there!


  • Emma starts off with her phonics and then numbers and Bible, as well as some readiness skills worksheets. We are using all Abeka K4 stuff for Emma. While Emma is doing this Anne is working on her Math, spelling, and cursive writing worksheets (things she is pretty self sufficient at).


  • Following worksheet time it is different depending on the day. Monday- music class, Wednesday - Art, and Friday - spanish.


  • Following these activities Emma cleans up and Anne and I do science on MWF and Social Studies on Tuesday and Thursday.


  • Now we are finished with our morning and it is about 11 so Anne can play, hang out and wait for lunch around 12.

  • After lunch Hadassah takes a nap and Anne and I spend a bit of time in our Konos curriculum which has Bible, reading, writing and some other activities. This is how we will spend all of our afternoons except Tuesday where we will do a co-op class at a friends house.

Well, by now it's about 2 and I can now try to have a moment to myself and fit in all of the cleaning, laundry, dinner, packing for the evening events, etc. I'll keep you posted on how it all goes, and if it seems to keep running smoothly or not! : )







Anyhow, it was art day so here you go!













Anne made 3D animals out of strips of paper. She had a great time.






Emma painted a tree for fall, and one of her Bible sheets. She is always happy when painting.

No comments: